- Kingston, Jamaica
As a Knowledge Analyst (KA) at Visio HQ, you will help deliver and execute highly impactful consulting projects for clients. You will partner in a growing global team, providing industry expertise and interdisciplinary insights for specific consulting cases, including education, psychology, business, technology and social impact. You will serve as a thought partner by helping project teams ramp up with the industry and sector-specific knowledge and structure the research needs of complex projects.
What You’ll Deliver
- Research and Analysis Reports
- Assessment and Evaluation Reports
- Knowledge Assets (products, tools, data, workshops, frameworks, surveys, domain-specific data, related expertise, etc.).
- Individual Work Plan and Performance Evaluation Reports
What You’ll Do
You will support client engagements as a member of the project team, utilising unique knowledge assets and providing thought partnership on your topic area, including
- Deliver original analysis and customised insights in client projects by leveraging specific experience or knowledge assets (products, tools, data, workshops, frameworks, surveys, domain-specific data, related expertise, etc.).
- Support clients achieve project objectives under a project leader’s guidance who frames the interventions within the broader project context.
You will use the time between cases for:
- Innovation: Create and productise knowledge assets, (e.g. converting insights and experiences from projects into specific solutions).
- Education: Provide insights to advisory, consulting and knowledge teams to nurture the expertise and knowledge within Visio Group.
- Asset Development: Help develop the assets which will help Visio win work in your topic area (e.g. project references, expressions of interest, proposals, etc.)
You’re Good At
- Operating comfortably in a client-facing role, managing demanding internal and external clients in a positive, service-oriented way, building strong relationships and demonstrating adaptability to bring value to teams at all stages of business development and casework
- Working collaboratively and effectively in a group dynamic of local and remote teams around the world
- Applying deep topic/sector expertise when building and deploying a product/ tool/ data, taking different client contexts into account
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with a high capacity for conceptual and strategic/end-to-end thinking
- Managing and communicating with senior internal stakeholders as well as external clients, demonstrating the ability to present and engage your audience effectively
- Telling a structured, clear and visually engaging story and creating impactful intellectual property that will build on our knowledge base
- Prioritising workload including through transparent discussion with senior stakeholders, operating with autonomy to execute on the planned priorities
- Working flexibly in an ever-changing and complex environment, bringing a curious and creative mindset, demonstrating openness and drive for purposing new and innovative ideas, and being comfortable with ambiguity and navigating a fast-paced environment
What We’re Looking For
- Bachelor degree required, advanced degree preferred, with demonstrated high academic achievement in education, social sciences or related areas
- 1-2+ years of consulting experience in donor-funded public sector consulting and business development; candidates with consulting experience strongly preferred
- Instead of consulting experience, 2+ years minimum industry experience required; 3-6+ years of industry experience strongly preferred
- Strong project management and implementation experience on FCDO, USAID, IDB or donor-funded projects in developing countries
- Technical expertise in at least one of the relevant areas (economic development, healthcare, education, climate etc.), preferably with experience working within government policy and program development or delivery
- Excellent written and verbal communication (English at proficiency level required)
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills to interact with internal and external stakeholders while working in a global collaborative team environment
- Strong business acumen and problem-solving capabilities