- Equity Partner
- Kingston, Jamaica
The Finance Business Partner plays dual roles as a specialist and strategist, providing financial information, tools, analysis and insight to executives and business leaders – challenging their thinking, helping them make more informed decisions and driving business strategy. The role provides real-time support and analysis, a trusted adviser, and adds value in decision-making, problem-solving, and performance improvement.
Finance and Accounting
- Manage the finance functions of the business and outsourced accounting services – Budgeting and Forecasting, Expense Management, Accounts Payables, Accounts Receivables, Cash Management, Payroll, Taxes, Internal Audits, Cost Accounting and Fixed Assets Accounting
- Develop effective financial management procedures and initiate change to enable the achievement of key business, operational, and financial targets.
- Prepare financial plans and budgets in collaboration with executives and business leaders.
- Present financial performance including periodic forecasts and budget variances, with an analysis of financial opportunities and risk.
- Resolve financial and accounting issues, conflict and operational challenges with teams, partners, clients, and other stakeholders.
- Facilitate with year-end audit, management response and improvement actions.
- Build strong relationships with all executives, business leaders and their teams to provide financial management support for business decision making, problem-solving and performance improvement.
- Leverage market research and analysis to assess current market trends and make recommendations regarding the financial implications.
- Deliver analysis and insight on business opportunities, providing options and scenarios for business decisions.
- Understand the cost drivers of the business and providing insight to the non-finance members.
- Analyze and deliver insights that link financial reports to business strategies.
- Improve the impact and understanding of financial reporting on business performance.
- Challenge current ways of working, drive efficiency improvement to minimize costs and maximize profits wherever possible.
What We’re Looking For
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Economics or related field
- Three (3) years of experience in finance
- Proficiency in Wave Accounting, QuickBooks and MS Office
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong knowledge of accounting principles and practices
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Strong multitasking skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work independently